Thursday, July 6, 2017

On The Bench: The Queue Is Full and Transfer Fun

So much going on, and having choices can be a GOOD problem!



Lots of incoming right now.  I think I have ordered more Forge World in the last week than I have in the last year...literally.  I just received a Decimator and my Thousand Sons Tranfers.  A Rapier Laser Destroyer, Giant Chaos Spawn and Leviathan Dread are in transit.  Where is all that resin glue?!


Here is my work space as of today.  I just finished "converting" my Deredeo to a Thousand Sons paint scheme, and a unit of 10 Tzaangors (10 down, 30 to go!).  Also on the table are a primed but unpainted squad of Rubric Marines.  The Changling is ready for a coat of primer, as is my Hellwright (essentially a Warpsmith), whom I am going to convert to have a mechanized body.



As this stuff is being prepped for painting, I also finished some transfer work.  My Scarab Occult Terminators received their shoulder art.  Scarabs on one side and the Thousand Sons emblem on the other.  The scarabs are from the Thousand Sons Tranfers, and I couldn't resist using them on my Terminators.  They are certainly thematic.



I then got to the transfer for my "converted" Rhinos and Predator.  I keep saying converted because all of these vehicles have been appropriated from the armoury of my Iron Hands.  I changed the basic painted scheme and removed all of the Iron Hands transfers.  The Thousand Sons "snake eating its own tail" and the large Tzeentch symbol are from the transfers that came with any troop boxes.  The white and gold transfers are from the Thousand Sons transfer sheet.


I don't see any issues with combining these two.  Some may argue that the Thousand Sons transfers are just for Heresy, but who is to say that the Sons of Magnus have not retained some of their traditional livery over the millennium?  The real point here is that they both look good, and are certainly thematic in terms of tying together the elements of the army.



That's it for this installment.  Will be back next week with a look at any Forge World model progress, and some commentary on the Dark Millenium.




2 comments:

  1. They really look fantastic! You;ve come a loooooooong way buddy, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. They will be punching your Berserkers in the face soon enough!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated and are considered public, but will be removed at the authors' discretion if they contain hateful or offensive words or phrases.